The weather is starting to warm up and with chilly nights you may way to add some of that warmth to your night. If you decide to have a nightly fire to enjoy those cool temps, here are some tips to help keep your house and your family safe.
- Keep fires at least 25 feet away from any structure and anything that could possibly catch on fire.
- Always clear away any dry leaves, low hanging branches and shrubs too.
- Avoid starting fires on windy nights/days. It is easier for fires to spread due to wind.
- Always keep a close eye on pets and animals near campfires.
- Never use gasoline or other combustible liquids.
- Always keep a bucket of water or a shovel to quickly put out a fire if it gets out of hand.
- Lastly, Always make sure the fire is completely out before you leave.