Tips to stay safe while Having a Campfire
The weather is starting to warm up and with chilly nights you may way to add some of that warmth to your night. If you decide to have a nightly fire to enjoy those cool temps, here are some tips to help keep your house and your family safe.
- Keep fires at least 25 feet away from any structure and anything that could potentially go up in flames.
- Always clear away any dry leaves, low hanging branches,shrubs and any debris which can go up in flames.
- Avoid starting fires on windy nights/days. It is much easier for fires to spread in the wind.
- Always keep a close eye on pets and Small children and animals near campfires to prevent potential harm to your children and your pets..
- Never use gasoline or other combustible liquids to start or boost a fire up.
- Always keep a bucket of water, shovel or a up to date fire extinguisher to quickly put out a fire if it tends to get out of hand.
- Always make sure the fire is completely out before you leave the fire site.
- Next, Always make sure someone is watching the fire and it is never left unattended always put it out if your leaving it is not for long