Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Mold? In a dry climate?
Simply put mold is not something that you want growing in your home. Many people in Southern Utah do not have large concerns about mold and wonder why we spend so much time talking about it. Southern Utah is a dry desert climate many people think that mold is not a problem here. Often mold is not as big of a problem in Southern Utah as it is in more humid areas, but there are situations home owners encounter that drastically increase the potential for mold growth. In Southern Utah one of the biggest causes of mold growth in homes comes from flooding or water leaks in homes that are not mitigated properly.
People often want to save money especially when it comes to an unplanned emergency expense. This is very understandable as proper mitigation for water problems in a home is not always inexpensive. One thing to consider in this case is that the expense of proper mold remediation is usually more expensive than the cost of water mitigation, and the preventable mold growth in your home can create an environment that is hazardous to your health.
When you encounter unwanted water problems in your home it is important to have the professionals at SERVPRO of Cedar City/Fillmore properly mitigate them so that you can avoid the hazards of mold growth from improper mitigation or the water problems. If you find mold in your home, a water leak, or flooding in your home don’t hesitate, call SERVPRO of Cedar City/Fillmore at 435-251-9241.
What is in your air?
Mold is that four letter word that you can’t escape from. Mold is everywhere, outside, inside, and in the air we breathe. Our houses are no exception when it comes to mold. There are different types of mold and mold can be found in different levels of concentration some of types of mold or amounts of mold are not as harmful as other types and amounts.
At SERVPRO of Cedar City we are always concerned about your health, and want to ensure that you live in a safe living environment. We can take air samples from your home and have them tested in a lab to ensure that you do not have an unhealthy concentration of harmful mold in your home. Our technicians are skilled and able to quickly take the necessary samples to ensure that the air in your home is properly tested. If it turns out that you do have a harmful amount of mold in your home we provide professional mold remediation services to help you be able to live in a safe environment.
If you are not sure about the air in your home or suspect that you might have mold call SERVPRO of Cedar City/Fillmore today. 435-251-9241
Mold Safety Tips
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Cedar City/Fillmore for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Cedar City/Fillmore specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today
Does Your Cedar City Home Have A Mold Problem?
In Cedar City, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 435-251-9241